2014 – A year of Clear Skies for Cloud Computing
As Cloud Computing goes mainstream and drives the collaboration , commerce, cohesion and social mores in the World, the cloud skies are history and let us ring in 2014 as the Year for Clear Skies for Cloud Computing.
Here are 14 thoughts for 2014 –
- 2014 will be the year where if you are not in the cloud your IT strategy maybe suspect.
- 2014 will be the year when cloud computing will be referred to as computing and be the technology for business and individuals.
- 2014 will be the year when your health parameters and personal life will be logged in the cloud through the internet of things.
- 2014 will be the year when mobility will be pass, phablets will rule the end point device market.
- 2014 will be when cloud security will not longer a concern, rather the cloud will be engine to secure the digital world.
- 2014 will be the year when SMAC will be an utility for the CMO.
- 2014 will be the year when Community Clouds will take center stage.
- 2014 will be the year when cloud evangelists be history.
- 2014 will be when the highest marketing decibels will be from hardware vendors like IBM, Dell, HP.
- 2014 will be the year when there will be more successful startups outside the Silicon Valley.
- 2014 will be the year when countries that do not have cloud connectivity be economically crippled.
- 2014 will be the year when cloud security solutions will make more money then traditional security solutions.
- 2014 will be the year of consolidation of cloud service providers, a great year for Merger & Acquisition specialists.
- 2014 will be the year when the valuation of cloud companies will be more then the value of old economy companies in Wall Street.